Mission, Vision and Values
The MISSION of Christian Surfers is to be a ministry TO surfers and a mission FOR surfers to impact the beach and beyond with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The VISION of Christian Surfers is that every surfer and every surfing community will have the opportunity to experience and follow Jesus Christ.
- Evangelism: We are evangelistic in intent, majoring on Christ, the Gospel, and the Bible.
- Surfing: Surfing is simple and beautiful tool! We are mobilizing surfers to reach other surfers, with a culturally relevant message of God’s love for them. We also aim to mobilize surfers to use their time, talents and resources to transform their local beach and beyond for the sake of the Christ.
- Serving: We submit to Christ through servant-hood and hope to serve the surfing community and others with humble Christ-like hearts.
- Adolescent focused: We are a multi-generational ministry whose aim is to have the greatest impact on surfers 10-20 years old. We hope to gather an army of young surfers focused on transforming their friends, local communities and beyond with the Gospel.
- Church: Most of our ministry is community based and accountable through many local Christian churches. Our leaders (both locally and nationally) are active members of local churches.
- Partnerships: We are working with God and what he is already doing through others, while respecting and partnering with other ministries.
- Adventure: The promise of John 10:10 to have LIFE TO THE FULL drives us to enjoy the gifts of God found in humor, fun and all-out adventure!
- Relational: We believe strongly that ministry occurs at the relational level. One person impacting another through an investment of friendship.
How We Accomplish This
We have built “relational ministry platforms” where we hope the principles of John 10:10, LIFE TO THE FULL, will lead us to have relational impact on surfers and surfing communities. These “platforms” are:
- Local CS Chapters – These are in essence surf clubs that are resourced and networked together globally.
- Surf Missions – These are short-term mission trips that are opportunities to surf and serve with a heavy focus on the service part.
- CSALT – Christian Surfers Advanced Leadership Training, or CSALT for short, are internships where the focus is on discipleship and leadership training as well as other aspects of a surfing related ministry. These internships are for different lengths of time and are in different locations.
- CS Surf Camps – Our day camps and overnight camps are great opportunities for young surfers to experience the best that being a surfer has to offer. The fun and adventure also comes with the opportunity to learn more about their faith.
- Multi-Media Communication – We use social media, newsletters, devotionals, video profiles and documentaries, The Surfer’s Bible and other resources to communicate truth to surfers and surfing communities from all over the world especially in the US.
We are funded by generous donations from those who believe in our mission and vision as well as our membership fees that come from surfers joining our mission through membership that resources and connects them to a global surfing movement!
Our Statement of Faith
At Christian Surfers, we believe in these essential truths of scripture (click on each topic to learn more).
There is one true God, the Creator of the universe, including mankind. He eternally exists in the three persons of the Trinity—the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Each person of the Trinity possesses equally all the attributes of deity.
Jesus Christ is God, the eternal and living Word, who became man, being born into this world through the virgin, Mary. Jesus is perfectly God and perfectly human, united as one person. He lived a sinless life. Jesus died on the cross as our substitute, taking upon himself the punishment which we deserve. By his death, Jesus made a once-for-all atonement for sin. We receive forgiveness of sins by turning to Him in faith. He rose from the dead bodily, and ascended into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father. He is the only mediator between man and God.
The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ, and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer’s life by faith. Every believer is called to live a holy and fruitful life by the power of the indwelling Spirit.
The Bible is the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
Jesus Christ will come again to the earth—personally, visibly and bodily—to complete and fulfill God’s plan.
Man is created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God and earned death. All mankind’s nature is corrupt, and it is impossible for any person to make themselves acceptable in God’s sight. Every person is in need of regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
The salvation of mankind is wholly a work of God’s grace and is not the work, in any degree, of human works, goodness or religious activity. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation. As a result, God declares them right in His sight. Each person must be born again of the Holy Spirit and can be assured of their salvation immediately upon trusting Christ as Savior. The Word and the Spirit of God alone are the basis of this assurance.
The visible church is the gathering of God’s faithful saved people for the purpose of worship, edification, mission and use of gifts according to His word. Jesus Christ is the Head of his Church. God admonishes all His people to assemble together locally and regularly for worship, participation in Christ’s ordinances, and the ministry of the Word for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.
Jesus Christ commands all believers to be involved in the making of disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything Christ commanded. His purposes require that all worldly and personal ambitions be subservient to Him. This is true discipleship.
Who is Jesus?
Are you searching for something, but not sure what you are looking for?
We’ve all been there, and we believe all the answers to life’s questions are found in Jesus. When you experience the love and joy that he offers, your search will end in Him.